EAG(x) events are conferences around effective altruism full of interesting talks and discussions! Most recently, the EAGxVirtual, an online version of the conference, was held! Did you miss out on it? Or did you participate but couldn’t attend all the talks you wanted to see? Then join our EAGxVirtual Digest!
Seven of our EA Austria participants have each chosen a talk that they will summarize! You’ll have the chance to get the key takeaways from a variety of talks and ask clarifying questions! You will hear summaries of:
– Mitigating air pollution in South Asia and beyond (originally held by Santosh Harish, Open Philantropy)
– Let’s Get Into AI Safety! (originally held by Esben Kran, Apart Research)
– Changing the world through doing research (originally held by Conor Spence, Effective Thesis)
– Farmed Insect Welfare (originally held by Meghan Barrett, Rethink Priorities)
– ‘The Founding Father of the Animal Liberation Movement’: In Conversation with Peter Singer (originally hosted by Abigail Penny. Animal Equality, with Peter Singer)
– Risky Business: Moral Weights for Animals and Global Priorities (originally held by Bob Fischer and Hayley Clatterbuck, Rethink Priorities)
– Longtermism and Alternative Proteins (originally held by Bruce Friedrich, The Good Food Institute)
We are looking forward to seeing you!